Warning: These health tips are intended for the use of Maimonides’ patients under the supervision of the Doctor of Chiropractic. Before beginning any program of exercise or dietary recommendations always consult with your healthcare provider.
- Drink lots of water, 6-8 glasses per day — more when you exercise. Your nervous system runs because of the catalytic effects of water. It helps remove wastes and inflammation from the body and keeps the digestive system moving smoothly.
- Remove ALL grains from you diet. That includes: wheat, barley, corn, oats, rice, etc. (If you must eat any, keep it to one small serving per day.)
- Eat YUMMY Anti-Inflammatory Salads.
- Place in a bowl: chopped onions, red bell peppers, avocado. Add to this mixture: ORGANIC extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, spices (ginger, turmeric, garlic and sea salt). Then add sautéed chicken, fish or meat into the salad. Don’t use oil to fry your meats. Try using just water and a non-stick pan (oils break down and lose their anti-inflammatory properties with heat and it will keep calories low.)
- Enjoy De-Flaming Breakfast Shakes!
Frozen cherries, blueberries and bananas (according to your taste), water (about 1 1/2 cups), one scoop of whey or soy protein powder (GenSoy makes a nice product), glutamine power (1 teaspoon or 4 capsules worth), almonds (about 10-12), pumpkin seeds or walnuts soaked in water overnight, 2-3 tablespoons of fresh ground flax (I like a product called Fortiflax, which I buy at Fresh Fields). Dump all ingredients into a blender and blend on high setting until creamy and smooth! Yummy! Takes about five minutes to make in the morning. Kids love it! I recommend leaving your blender on the counter as a semi-permanent fixture.
- OOOSS Juice (Why is it called this? Legend says you’ll know when you taste it!)
- Use a high quality, heat retaining, stainless steel 2-3 gallon pot. Boil 1 gallon of water; add 1/2 pound of sliced ginger and lightly boil for 5 minutes. Then turn the heat off and keep it off. Add 2-6 ORGANIC green tea bags. Steep for 30-60 minutes and then remove. Strain out ginger, place juice in a glass jar and cool in the fridge. Drink cold or re-heat (but if you do re-heat, do NOT boil — it’ll kill the tea leaves). If the tea is too strong for you, may be suggest that you dilute it according to your tolerance with either water or apple juice (for sweetness).